Tired of the same old standard hummus? Ready to spice things up a bit and take things to the next level? Then, add some Dexter Foods Sriracha to your hummus recipe and taste the difference.
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed well
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha Sauce Dexter Foods
- 2 tbsp. tahini (Middle Eastern sesame paste)
- Warm pita bread
- ¼ cup water
Drain chickpeas, rinse well. Put chickpeas into a food processor, add 1⁄4 cup water, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sriracha, tahini, garlic and purée covered. Blend to a very smooth paste for about 1-2 minutes.
Adjust acidity with more lemon juice to taste or salinity with a pinch of salt.
Garnish hummus with some olive oil. Serve with wedges of warm pita bread.